We bought some delicious ginger beef dumplings at the Market on the weekend, so we were inspired to make our own version of dumplings. And it was suprisingly easy...except for a ton of folding, but well worth the effort!
1. One package of won ton wrappers (we found them at our local grocery store)
2. 1 package of ground pork/beef or whatever filling you would like
3. 1 cup of choppped green onion
4. 2-3 tbsp bread crumbs
5. 1-2 tbsp olive oil
6. Spices/herbs (2 tbsp grated ginger, 1 cloves worth of chopped garlic, thyme, rosemary, basil, sage, pepper, chili powder)
7. Sauces to taste (Sesame Oil, Rice Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Chili Garlic Sauce)
1. Combine meat, chopped green onions, olive oil, spices, sauces, and breadcrumbs in a bowl and mix together.
2. Sautee everything until meat is cooked and golden brown
4. Put dumplings into a pot of boiling water. Leave in for about 5 minutes. If you wish, you can also pan fry them for a few minutes after they have been boiled. If you want to freeze some of the dumplings for later, make sure you don't fry them first, as they will not keep as well.
6. To make a dipping sauce, combine Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil and a dab of Chili Garlic sauce.